Saturday, October 2, 2010

25. At First Sight

I say this with clinched teeth and rolling eyes: Nicholas Sparks is a guilty pleasure. But I still hate him. As long as he keeps writing, I'll keep reading but that doesn't mean I have to like it! I'm making it positively clear that just because I liked one book does not mean he's my favorite author. I'm that serious y'all. This is a one time thing.

Okay, you know those books that make you tear up on the final page and you close the book with a smile on your face and with a satisfied feeling in your heart go eat a brownie? This isn't one of those books. I cried. Girl. I CRIED. Deep sobs came out of me. I wasn't expecting that to happen. Who knew I had a heart?!?!

I know I rant all the time about Mr. Sparks' poor sentence structure and his ridiculously cliche story lines (why rehash?) but this book is very different. I didn't see that twist coming by a long shot and by the time it happened- I was so invested in the characters that my heart hurt for them! It really hurt. I felt like I broke up with somebody... or at the very least got snubbed at the Oscars.

This was a good one. It should come with this warning though: Do not read this book if you are pregnant, want to become pregnant, are on on the pill or have a weak heart.

I'm serious about the wanting to become pregnant part. I'm not sure I have the stomach to be pregnant for 9 months knowing what all can go wrong. Ugh... I need to go write
about another book now. This one cut me deep.

Oh, and the sentence structure was way better. I felt like I was reading Nicholas Sparks For Grown-ups.


25/52 Books (Currently 14 behind... Oops!)
6857 Pages Read + 1 Mystery Book

No comments:

Post a Comment