Saturday, October 2, 2010

26. The Cold, Cold Hand

LAME-O.

Moving On.

I'm a glutton for punishment. I'm going camping very soon. In a haunted place (two different parties swear it). Because my boss is making me. That's the last time I say "I have an idea!" in a staff meeting.

I'm not sure how much I really want to go even though it was my idea... because honesty- what if it's real?!?! I've experienced weird stuff in my life that I and other witnesses have absolutely NO explanation for but never have I gone looking for paranormal trouble.

I had that in the back of my mind when I pulled this book off the shelf (why I'd read scary stories BEFORE I go camping I have no idea) and it's October so it seemed like a good idea.

Actually it wasn't an awful idea because this wasn't scary. At all. Other than the scary cover art that kept me from reading this book for months, only one or two stories gave me the creeps. This could all change tomorrow when I've actually had a chance to sleep on these stories and have adequate nightmares.

If you are into Appalachian history or know much about the area- this book could be cool, but since I have none... It really didn't do anything for me. Sorry Burchhill, Crider and Kendrick. Better luck scaring the pants off me next time.

PS- LOOK I'M HALF WAY TO THE 52 MARK!!! Too bad it's October...

26/52 Books (Currently 13 behind... Oops!)
7048 Pages Read + 1 Mystery Book

No comments:

Post a Comment