Saturday, January 1, 2011

Do One Thing.

I would say that I did a pretty decent job fulfilling last year's New Year's Resolution. 30(ish) books out of 52 is a pretty good number! I promise, I read more than I reviewed but 1) reviewing them felt more like a chore and 2) no one was reading them.

So, I guess it's time to pick something new. I've tried this next project before but I never quiet made it but since it's January 1st (or now in the wee hours of January 2nd) why not start now.

Back when I was in middle school/ early high school this song came out called the Sunscreen song. It was magnificent. If you've never heard it, head on over to your favorite search engine and have a listen. This amazing Baz Luhrmann took an advice column from a newspaper, set it to music and created one of the most thought provoking and true peices of music ever created.

I know about Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift and Rihanna... don't throw rocks at me.

This song was simple and direct and now that I'm closer to 30 than 20 I'm finding it to be incredibly true! I remember certain adults saying some lines were bad like the one referring to the fact some 40-year-olds still haven't figured out what to do with their lives... whats so wrong with that? Some 40-year-olds haven't!

Anyway, I've gotten away from myself. The moral of the story (er...song) is one line that has stuck in my head for the last 14 or so years...

Do one thing everyday that scares you.

It just makes all kinds of adrenaline pulse through my body to even think about that! This will be my goal for 2011. So here goes. We'll number them and see how many things I actually accomplish by December 31st...

No comments:

Post a Comment