Tuesday, January 4, 2011

4. Stick To The Restaurants...

A few months ago I found a coupon at the grocery store for an Asian-inspired boxed dinner (pasta/sauce/you add the meat) and, since I'd never had that kind before and the coupon was actually decent, I bought it.

I've made plenty of boxed dinners before but this one called for shrimp and I've never, ever cooked with shrimp.. nor have I ever purchased shrimp that didn't come with Red Lobster cheesy biscuits! Hmmmm... Cheesy biscuits!

Today I left work and I had no idea what I wanted to cook. I had a Sonic burger for lunch and, for some reason, I tasted crab cakes all afternoon. Isn't that weird? It was just a random taste in my mouth! I blame the mint...

Anyway, I was down to one Dr. Pepper (and I'm an addict) and had to stop at Wal-mart so I called my mom and asked her what I wanted for dinner. (This happens more often than it should.) She said she was having potato soup and tuna fish (Okay...) and so I decided I'd buy shrimp. (Random.)

Long story short- I mixed the stuff up and it did not look at all like it did on the box! Maybe it's cause I've never cooked with shrimp that I did something wrong but I don't think I minced any of the directions. It also tasted terrible. The box said nothing about the sauce being curry... it was most definately curry and as much as I love asian food... I very much dislike curry!
You win some and you lose some. I guess now I know, even though I can cook a mean steak, my shrimp skills need some work!

I should have known finding a coupon on the floor was a really bad idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment